Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Revealing My Feelings through Art

A couple of weeks ago, our class teacher, Mrs Agnew, shared our new MITEY learning and the goal was to show our feelings through self portraits of ourselves. I had grew ecstatic and I bet the others were too! We started off by drawing the shape of the head and we drew lines on our faces: one vertically and three horizontally. These were to get the right places to draw in our eyes, nose, ears and eyes.





 


Then we drew our eyes in an almond shape but my friend Zachary Vargas drew his eyes round like Spongebob! We did the nose in a sort of cone shape and ears (Mrs Agnew drew the ears for me).






About a week later we drew in our hair and coloured in our faces. We drew our bodies, neck and coloured our jumpers/shirts.



We then had to use a white wax crayon to draw lines about feelings we have. For example angry = zigzag lines, calmness = wavy, gentle lines. Then we painted it with blue dye, and the white wax showed through the dye. It was very dramatic.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     







The next week, I was amazed at other peoples' beautiful drawings, when they were all displayed.




My favourite blurb that I wrote on my paper was: When I feel embarrased I say "I didn't do it Miss".











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.