Pages

Friday 20 December 2019

Wk 1: Day 5: Against The Odds (Own Choice)

                                                                  Kelly Slater

Kelly Slater is the Greatest surfer of all time.He has a death grip on nearly every major record in sport,including his 11 world titles,55 career victories, as well as being the youngest and oldest world champion in men's history.He ushered a new era of high- performance surfing,when he arrived on the scene in 1990, incorporating intentional fin releases and a mix of aerial movies.He is 47 years old and has 17 heat wins.

3 comments:

  1. Great job Daniel. I like your writing. Keep it up.
    Augustine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Daniel,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters for the Kaikohekohe cluster for the Summer Learning Journey. I have heard some great things about the learners in the Manaiakalani cluster so I thought I would jump on and check out some blog posts.

    It’s awesome to see that you are participating in the Summer Learning Journey, keep it up! I agree that Kelly Slater is definitely one of the best surfers of all time. Have you watched many of his competitions? My brother used to love watching his competitions on TV. Have you ever been surfing? I haven’t but I have always wanted to learn how to surf.

    I can see that you have got your information from a website, did you want to add the name of the website to your blog post to give them credit for their words? Otherwise you can try and rewrite the words so it is in your own words instead. An example would be this sentence here:
    He captured his first World Title in 1992 at the age of 20, and his last in 2011, at 39.
    I could rewrite it to say: Kelly Slater has won many World Titles over his surfing career including his first one when he was 20 in 1992 and his last when he was 39 in 2011.

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.